Blackmores Colon Care is a laxative formula with fibre and herbs to assist the functioning of the colon.
- Promotes elimination and rids the body of waste
- Contains herbs traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to relieve constipation
The Blackmores difference
Blackmores Colon Care is a pleasant tasting powder that can be swallowed with water, added to food or made into a tea. The dosage can be easily adjusted according to need.
The herbs used in this formula have a laxative effect. The herbs senna and buckthorn both contain compounds called anthraquinone glycosides which work by stimulating peristalsis.
Other laxative herbs have high mucilage content, such as the herbs psyllium and agar. These herbs increase the bulk of the stool, which stimulates evacuation.
Active ingredients per gram
Senna 500 mg
Rhamnus frangula (buckthorn) bark dry 250 mg
Psyllium husk powder 90 mg
Psyllium seed dry 50 mg
Aniseed powder 40 mg
Foeniculum vulgare (fennel) seed powder40 mg
Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root powder 10 mg
Arctostaphylos uva-ursi (uva ursi) leaf powder 10 mg
Agar 10 mg
Adults – Place 1 – 3 g (½ - 1 level metric teaspoon) on the tongue followed by a full glass of water. Add to fresh or stewed fruit, cereals, soups or vegetables.
As a tea, add 3 g (1 level metric teaspoon) to 1 cup of boiling water, steep for 10 minutes, strain and drink.
Best taken last thing at night, before retiring.
Children – Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Contraindications and cautions
- Prolonged use of laxatives may cause serious bowel problems. Colon Care should only be used for a few days, and it is important to ensure plenty of dietary fibre, adequate fluid intake and regular exercise
- Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea
- Not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
This product may interfere with certain other medications you may be taking.
Fine to coarse, free flowing, green/brown powder.